What to do if you want to work with me!
With the new year upon us, I thought it was time to do a quick refresher on what to do if you’re thinking about using my services in 2022. I want to make the whole thing as simple as possible for you, so that you can get all of the answers you need before making a decision.
What Services Do I Offer?
The main two services I offer are writing and editing. I know it can be a bit confusing when I start to talk about all of the different kinds of writing and editing, so if you’re not sure which one you need, then simply shoot me a message and I can talk you through which service is right for you. There’s never any obligation to follow through with hiring me, if you decide it’s not for you at this point.
The services I offer are…
Written content with the aim to advertise your brand, product, or services. Blog posts, website copy, email, and newsletters.
• Content Writing
Written content with the aim to inform your audience about a concept. Articles, blog posts, and papers that do not aim to sell.
Written content (usually full-length) written on behalf of a client to be published under their names. Both fiction and non-fiction books across a variety of genres.
Reviewing the final draft of a piece of writing to ensure consistency and accuracy in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
Addressing flaws on a very technical level – to make sure the writing that appears on the page is in accordance with industry standards.
Addressing the creative content, writing style, and language use at the sentence and paragraph level.
• Developmental Editing
A thorough and in-depth review of your entire manuscript. It examines all the elements of your writing, from individual words and sentences to overall structure and style.
• Tailored mentorship and support for writing your own content.
How Do You Make an Enquiry or Book My Services?
- Message or email me. It doesn’t have to be a huge, long message, just a sentence or two describing the potential project will be enough.
- I will answer you within 48 hours to discuss your project further. This could be via email, phone or video chat, depending on what you’d prefer. In this chat we’ll talk about timeframes, pricing, and anything else relevant to the project.
- You can take some time to consider what we’ve discussed. I can pencil you into my diary while you do so, if you’d prefer.
- If you decide to book, I’ll get you written into my diary. You’ll be given an approximate start date and costing of the project. If you decide it’s not for you, that’s totally fine too!
- We will keep in touch until the project starts. I will ask for as much information as I need, in order to ensure the project is what you envisioned. When I’m gaining this information, I will talk you through what information I need and how to send it to me.
- I will send an invoice just before I begin the project which you will need to pay prior to me starting writing or editing.
- We start the project!
The whole process is really very simple. I often speak to clients for a few months prior to actually starting their project, so that we know exactly what the outcome should look like. The whole thing is fluid and can be adapted to fit your needs as a client.
Sometimes I might decide that a project isn’t for me…
Occasionally, I am asked to do a project that just isn’t for me. It might be that I disagree with the subject matter, or that the content is too specialised for me to be able to research accurately, or simply that I don’t gel with the project. As much as I want projects I love, you want a writer/editor that loves your project too, and therefore sometimes I occasionally have to turn down projects. It’s only fair that we both love the project as this allows us to get the best outcome.
If you’re considering booking with me for 2022, now is the ideal time to message me as I’m planning my calendar for the year. It’s set to be a busy year, so the sooner you message, the sooner the project can take place. All projects can be pencilled into my diary upon your first message/enquiry if you’d like, and you’re welcome to change your mind at any point prior to the invoice being paid.
I know that not everybody needs a writer and editor, so I want to thank everybody that tells their friends and families about my services. Your support means a lot to me.
I wish you all the best for the new year.
Here’s to a year of ups, downs, and growth through it all!
Your friendly neighbourhood ghostwriter,