As 2022 draws to a close (where the hell has that gone?!) it seems only right to share with you my favourite books of this year.
2022 has been a busy one so I definitely haven’t read as many books as I would have liked. However, I did manage to read 57 books which seems to be pretty great, all things considered.
Choosing the TOP 10 was nearly impossible, so there’s no way on earth I can put them in any sort of order. So, in no particular order, here are my TOP 10 BOOKS OF 2022!
- American Gods – Neil Gaiman
- Neil Gaiman is a god among men. His world-building skill is out of this world.
- The Blinds – Adam Sternbergh
- Such a crazy concept, and incredibly well-written.
- The House in the Cerulean Sea – TJ Klune
- This bloody book broke me. I laughed, I cried, and I fell in love with the antichrist.
- The Goldfinch – Donna Tartt
- A HUGE book, but I wish it was longer. Tartt has a beautiful style of writing.
- The Warehouse – Rob Hart
- Witty, hilarious, and really makes you think about the state of the world.
- My Absolute Darling – Gabriel Tallent
- All the trigger warnings, but a must-read. This book will be a part of me forever.
- Jar of Hearts – Jennifer Hillier
- Twist after twist after twist. I didn’t want to put it down.
- Daisy Jones and the Six – Taylor Jenkins Reid
- My first Taylor Jenkins Reid book, definitely not the last. I LOVED the concept and the characters.
- Under the Whispering Door – TJ Klune
- TJ Klune is my new automatic-read author. Those characters!
- The Last House on Needless Street – Catriona Ward
- THAT ENDING!
Honourable mentions also include The After series by Anna Todd, and The Binding by Bridget Collins.
If you could only choose ONE book that was your favourite of this year, what would you choose? Go on, I dare you!
For me, it’s The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. I could have read it again immediately after I finished it, which NEVER happens.
Wishing you all the best for 2023 (and books that set your heart on fire).